Root canal therapy cures pain and tooth abscesses
Root canal therapy is a truly brilliant treatment option for many patients.
If you are suffering discomfort, or outright toothache, then careful diagnosis will reveal if this is the procedure of choice. At our practice we go to great lengths to make any treatment relaxing and pain free. Please do not stress about having a root canal treatment. It is generally a gentle, quiet and pain-free procedure.
What does a root canal treatment involve?
Root Canal Therapy involves cleaning out the canal inside the root of a tooth. Cleaning out any infected nerve tissue and bacteria stops the pain and allows the body to heal around the tooth. Often antibiotics will be left inside the tooth for a few weeks to ensure all bacteria are cleaned out before sealing the tooth and placing a filling or crown.
Why should your root canal be done at Chermside Dental Care?
- On-site endodontic guru (Dr. Andy Tsai) helps out our patients, and assists our dental team in achieving optimal clinical outcomes.
- Dr Andy Tsai ensures our team’s techniques and knowledge are cutting edge through mentoring, while personally tackling the more technically difficult cases for our patients.
- We have a state of the art Zeiss Extaro Microscope, which allows incredible magnification and illumination of the root canals by our endodontic guru Dr. Andy Tsai.
- All treatments are performed as painlessly as possible, albeit with the appropriate time taken for optimal results.
- Our root canals are all performed using rubber dams to isolate the teeth from saliva and bacterial contamination.
- Our measurements are made using state of the art morita ZX apex locaters, rotary instrumentation and digital X-ray systems (2D and 3D CT high definition) for perfect accuracy.
- Only the gold standard in medicaments are used throughout all of our procedures.
- Advanced specialist-only procedures such as apicectomies, root canal retreatments and more are available here from January 2022.
Much of what we have just mentioned is technical and intricate in nature. However successful treatment is dependent on the details. Our combination of 3D CT X-rays, Zeiss microscopes and our resident endodontic guru leading the team, means that we are a premier dental practice for all things root canal.
I’m anxious and claustrophobic. How can you help me?
For patients who are anxious or claustrophobic, we can do specialist root canal therapy under IV sedation with our on-site specialist anaesthetist from January 2022. This offering is unique in Queensland, and we feel it really opens the door for treatment that would otherwise be impossible for some of our patients.
How to book
If you are a patient and you’d like more information or you’d like to make a booking, please reach out. We look forward to hearing from you.
If you are a referring dentist, please use this form to refer your patients to Dr. Andy Tsai (Endodontic Guru) for endodontic treatments.